Teeth whitening is a cosmetic process that changes your outlook. Teeth can get stains or discolorations occur due to different reasons. It could be a result of tetracycline, wine, or beverage stains. You should know that teeth whitening will not change your teeth color entirely, this only improves the shade of your teeth. One should be careful of how the materials used to whiten the teeth. The bleaching material is an effective agent and could cause teeth problems if used in excess. Some of these issues include teeth sensitivity and dehydration of your teeth. Dr. Weatherwax is a specialist dentist that is knowledgeable about the process of bleaching your teeth. You can make appointments today.
Teeth bleaching is another term used to describe the method of improving your dental look by making the teeth brighter. Individuals that whiten their teeth should know that bleach does not affect dental accessories like dental implants, veneers, and sealants. You can rest assured that your teeth’ shade would be enhanced when you use bleaching agents in the right proportion. The bleach commonly used is hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. Teeth bleaching is either done in a dentist’s office or your house using home whitening kits. The procedure performed under the control of a dental expert is less hazardous. You can still ask your doctor for recommendations if you want to whiten your teeth at home yourself.
Teeth whitening is a process that is performed with the aid of a bleaching agent. You can make your teeth whiter through several ways ;
1. Whitening your teeth at home: This involves using the whitening substances bought over-the-counter in shops. The concentration of these substances is lower than the one used by a dental professional. They contain about 3% to 20% hydrogen peroxide. You can bleach your teeth by using a bleaching tray. It could remain on your dentition for few hours. The changes in your dentition can not occur sporadically. They take few months to show differences. There are many in-house whitening gears which are;
a. Whitening Toothpaste: These contain abrasives that scrub the teeth and help remove stains. The whitening toothpaste contains little or no peroxide. They do not have a whitening effect on the teeth.
b. Whitening Strips and Gels: You can use a brush to bring the whitening gel in contact with your teeth. You should know that the more it is used, the more the dentition gets whiter. However, avoid excessive use of the whitening materials. You can see dentists near you to get advice on the best gels and strips to use.
2. In-office Teeth Bleaching: Teeth Whitening in St.Petersburg is also made faster with the aid of laser light or heat that makes the teeth more than six times whiter. The bleach used here is about 15% to 43% concentrated with peroxide. This method is more expensive but safer and faster. Emergency dentists in St. Petersburg can get your dentition bleached in about an hour. They use a whitening tray to place the bleaching agent on the front teeth. The professional might use a laser light to make the process faster.
You should maintain oral hygiene after getting your teeth whitened. It helps to keep your dental structure in good condition. Brush and floss your teeth daily. Also, go for regular dental appointments.
Avoid foods and drinks that could stain your teeth. Some of the foods are;
1. Tomato or soy sauce
2. Beverages (Coffee or carbonated)
3. Wines and some certain teas. An example is a Black tea
4. Foods containing berries.
You can contact St. Petersburg dentists if you develop an issue with your teeth. Some individuals end up complaining of teeth irritations. It might be a reaction to the bleach substance.
The American Dental Association also recommends that you avoid tobacco or even smoking. They are activities that could stain your teeth again. Tobacco also makes one’s oral health be at risk.
Dentists around you could educate individuals on the steps to take to keep their teeth in perfect condition. You get your smile back with no stress at all. Enjoy your new look.